Monday, April 19, 2010

Week Thirteen

I thought the lesson plan went very well. Although we have yet to present, I thought the preperatory work went smoothly, the workload was spread equally between myself and Marquis, and the overall product was a sucess. We did not have any problems after we decided the topic on which we were going to teach.
I really enjoyed this class. I liked the introduction to several different types of technology that we can actually use in the classroom. I also liked that there wasn't a lot of frivolous assignments or busy work, just information and hands on examples of what we can actually use in our future jobs as teachers. I have learned several different ways to incorporate technology in the classroom. This class has also made me more computer savvy, teaching me how I can use the internet to my advantage (such as embedding docs, blogging, creating etc.). I definitely think it is a must to incorporate technology into the classroom. Not only does it enhance the lessons we will be teaching, but also runs congruent with what is happening in education, the job market, and world around us. It is important for teachers to be privy to current technologies and to then share these modernities with our students.

No comments:

Post a Comment