Friday, January 29, 2010

Aloha. My name is Dani Leugers. I am a wife, a mother, and a student, among other things. I was born in Carlsbad, New Mexico in 1979, which means I turned the dirty thirty this year. Actually, I didn't mind at all. Aside from the hint of a wrinkle I see forming, I am happy with my life and the achievements I have made thus far. I look forward to completing college and embarking on a new season of life which does not require homework or chemistry exams. I have lived in New Mexico, Oklahoma, Peru, Hawaii, New York, Ohio, and obviously now Texas. If it weren't so far away, and maybe even still, I would live in Hawaii for the rest of my life.

I am starting my third year of college as a transfer student from Eastfield College in Mesquite. Sooo, yes, I drive from Rockwall every day to Commerce. I like this campus so far and am excited to be in the second two years of my education as compared to the first two. I am majoring in Life Science 8-12 with hopes of teaching high school Biology. I love anything to do with science, plants, animals, anatomy, terminology, medicine, and creativity. My weaknesses are chemistry and math. I think my mind is to abstract to fit into the confines of functions and formulas.

I have a beautiful family of four. My husband is also in college at UT Arlington pursuing an engineering degree. He is closer to finishing than I am. We tag team with each other every day watching the kids and going to class. Our schedule is nearly impossible and our gas bill outrageous as he drives and our to UTA and I drive and hour to TAMU- twice on Mondays and Wednesdays! We met in South Korea in 2002 while we were both in the Army, and have been madly in love ever since. After our contracts were up we decided to decline reassignment and change into new career directions. We have two joyful and crazy toddlers who keep us on our toes and don't allow us to study until they are peacefully sleeping in their beds. Our daughter Bella is 4. She loves princesses, crafts, Leapster2, going to the movies, and Barbie. Our son Van is 2. He is into cars, helicopters, any sport you can come up with and throwing everything he can get his chubby hands on. Both of them keep us busy around the clock and fill our days with comedy and memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment